The “map of tenure evolution on Haida Gwaii” depicts the evolution of forest tenures on Haida Gwaii since the Bill 28 Forest Revitalization Act of 2003. The area for a potential Community Forest proposed by government is depicted in red on map 5 of the progression and you can see how the boundaries are adjacent to other tenures and private lands.
A group of satellite images with boundaries of the proposed community forest and adjacent tenure boundaries, as well as recent harvesting, proposed BCTS blocks and Land Use Objectives Order reserves. The images reflect the maps provided by government and contain some errors in boundaries that need to be corrected by government on their source maps. As well, these maps are static and not a reflection of the current state of forestry-related operations within the CFA offer areas.
- The maps have been compiled using data from various sources. Misty Isles Economic Development Society is not responsible for any claims, damages or expenses whatsoever, including economic loss, resulting from any omissions, incompleteness or errors that may be contained in the maps.
- The maps represent information as it exists at the time the maps are transferred from the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (MFLNRORD) to the Misty Isles Economic Development Society Community Forest website and do not necessarily include any ongoing updates or corrections to the source databases maintained by Misty Isles Economic Development Society or other agencies. The maps are supplied on an “as is, where is” basis.
- The Misty Isles Economic Development Society disclaims any warranty of merchantability or appropriateness of the maps for any particular purpose.
Documents Relating to the Community Forest
- Haida Gwaii Community Forest Management Plan DRAFT ONLY
- Letter from Leonard Munt re Apportionment Process
- November 27 2020 – Letter re apportionment from Sharon Hadway
- November 10 2020 – Letter to Sharon Hadway re apportionment
- June 11 2020 – Community Forest Letter to Sharon Hadway
- June 13 2019 – Response to MIEDS re extension_signed by RED
- April 24 2019 – Letter Minister FLNR Community Forest
- February 22 2019 – Response to MIEDS re extension_signed by RED
- January 2019 – Letter FLNR re: Community Forest
- April 9 2018 – Response from Sharon Hadway
- March 29 2018 – CFA Letter to MFLNRO
- January 26 2018 – Clarification letter from Leonard Munt
- January 26 2018 – Sharon Hadway reply to Jan 12 letter
- January 12 2018 – Response to Sharon Hadway
- December 15 2017 – Community Forest Invitation Letter
- November 27 2017 – Letter to Minister of Forests requesting formal offer of Haida Gwaii Community Forest
- November 21 2017 – Council of the Haida Nation Protocol meeting info
- September 2017 – Requests by Communities to Government for Community Forest Agreement
- August 4 2017 – Letter to BC requesting formal offer of Haida Gwaii Community Forest
- July 27 2017 – Letter from BC to communities modifying area proposed for Community Forest
- May 3 2017 – Letter to Sharon Hadway BC MFLNRO
- March April 2017 – Summary of Community Forest Public Information Sessions
- March 6 2017 – Regulation reducing revenue to communities from BCTS sales to 50%
- Jan 10 2017 – Letter from Communities and CHN requesting a formal Community Forest offer
- Background report by K Moore on the Haida Gwaii Community Forest Opportunity
- Island Community Stability Initiative Consensus (ICSI) from 1996
- Community Forest Feasibility Study from 1998
- Community Forest Study Priorities from 1998
- Community Forest Interviews from 1998